Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Joan of Arc leads people to God!

One of the best parts about studying Joan Of Arc is how much you will learn about God. In one of the first interviews I did after writing Maid of Heaven I commented about “how much I was able to learn about God from studying her life.” Here it is several years later and the lessons continue. Recently I was given a picture of a beautiful statue of Joan by my friend and fellow Joan devotee Chris Snidow of PilgrimWitnesses.com. I was intrigued by this statue and wanted to learn more about it.

Learn More about this Statue of Joan of Arc at MaidOfHeaven.com


After contacting another good friend of both mine and Saint Joan, Virginia Frohlick of the St. Joan of Arc Center Online, I found out that the statue portrays a young Joan up at midnight to listen to her Voices. I believe I am drawn to artistic representations of Joan as just a simple young woman because they better demonstrate the great power of God in her life. This particular statue really emphasizes this truth because on it’s base are inscribed the following verses from Psalm 27:

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident."

Thank you Joan for another lesson on what a great God it is that we serve.

Jesus+Maria

1 comment: